What is Personal Excellence (PE)?
The Personal Excellence program assists athletes develop a balance between life activities and sports performance, with a strong focus on overall wellbeing.
PE services are available to all SASI scholarship holders, and National Sporting Organisation athletes based in South Australia.
How can Personal Excellence help?
The PE Program tailors specific resources to reflect the individual needs and aspirations of athletes. This can include one to one and / or small group sessions.
- Empowering athletes’ understanding of their values, skills and preferences
- Acknowledging the changing world of work and employers’ expectations
- Developing goals and a plan to achieve non-sporting aspirations
- Balancing the commitments of sport, education and life
- Understanding athlete identities, their brand and presence in person, online and on paper
- Supporting life outside of sport, so athletes are better positioned for optimising performance
- Assist in the navigation and understanding of educational pathways across all levels (Primary, Secondary, Tertiary)
- Advocacy and liaison with schools and key stakeholders to ensure adequate support is available for student athletes
- Access to resources and key contacts to inform athletes and significant others of educational opportunities
- Career information and resources to improve labour market awareness
- Assist in Resume and cover letter development
- Guidance through job search, application processes and interviewing skills
- Providing services and resources to assist with non-selection, retirement, injury and relocation
- Navigating and adjusting to the challenges of significant life circumstances
- Understanding and planning for life outside and after sport
For Coaching / Support Staff
For Parents / Significant Others
Personal Excellence Senior Adviser
South Australian Sports Institute
Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure
T 08 8457 1414 * F 08 8457 1572 * E firstname.lastname@example.org